Hospital Sitter Care Louisville
Hospital Sitter Care is available 24-hours a day, providing extra assistance to you or a loved one in the hospital. Granny NANNIES of Louisville, KY can help in any situation. Call (502) 454-9134 for your Free care consultation.Did you know?
Many patients discharged from an inpatient facility find themselves back in the hospital within 30 days due to lack of proper nutrition, irregular medication usage, dehydration or a fall.
What can a Hospital Sitter do for you?
We understand that taking time off to be in the hospital with a loved one is challenging. A hospital sitter can serve as a valuable resource to your family member who requires around-the-clock loving care. Certified nursing assistants and home health aides can help prevent accidents, such as falling or the pulling out of IV’s. Hospital sitters can be there to serve as a helping hand for your loved one through quality supervision, ensuring their comfort and safety. Hospital care sitters can also tend to nursing homes, rehabilitation centers and assisted living residences.
Discharge orders recommend assisted care for the next few days. Your hospital sitters can work to ensure that your loved one returns home, and stays there.
How a Hospital Sitter can help examples:
- Help to avert falls and pulling out of tubes or oxygen connections
- Ease the discharge process
- Drive your loved one home from the hospital
- Be aware of signs and symptoms that require immediate medical attention
- Ensure follow-up doctor appointments are kept
- Watch for reactions with new medication and notify the physician of any symptoms
- Prepare nutritious meals and encourage fluids
- Adhere to medication schedules
- Communicate with their doctors and staff